Every table is different, with its own flow, playing style, gming style, etc. As a result, the rules don’t fit well with every table so changes might be made. This leads to suggested houserules. With each subject I describe why people may find the normal rules problematic, and what the thought is behind the changes.
This index covers all the blogposts made on Shadowland about SR6 houserules. Rather than explicitly listing each houserule, instead there’s a short description for each post.
- Houserules: Edge (1/4: Intro)
- An introduction to some of the common criticism on Sixth World’s new Edge system (just GM advice, no houserules here)
- Houserules: Edge (2/4: Cinematic Play)
- A group of houserules to be combined into more cinematic play, where keeping Edge is still strict but gaining and spending it is less restricted, for both sides of the battlefield
- Houserules: Edge (3/4: AR vs DR)
- The weaknesses of the binary AR-DR mechanic, and ways to add some more options to it
- Houserules: Edge (4/4: Qualities & more)
- General guidelines and some specific nerfs to Edge-related Qualities, as well as a handful of smaller Edge-related houserules
- Houserules: Damage (Hardened, Toxins, Grenades)
- Nerfing Hardened Armor, Toxins and Grenades to make their effects fall more in line with normal combat